Friday, May 11, 2007

Golden Week: Osaka





After a day in the sun at Awaji, we headed back to pick up our luggage and took the train to Osaka. In one day, we were in Sapporo, Kobe, Awaji, and Osaka.... we were exhausted! (Coincidentally, our hotel was designed by Aldo Rossi!)

We spent the next day and half shopping in Kobe's Sannomiya district and Osaka's Umeda area... The lights, people, and bustling of the cities were a big change from the mellowness of Hokkaido, and especially Miyazu. We both literally shopped till we dropped. Jun even bought these herbal compresses that we stuck on our legs and feet to soothe the "fever" that they got from all the walking.

As usual, I hit up Bagels & Bagels (NY Style Bagels)- mmmm, lox!! We feasted on Thai food (Krungthep's green curry never fails to disappoint) and Jason took us to El Pancho, his favorite Mexican restaurant. Due to Golden Week, every place was crowded but I was NOT going to let the wait deter me from my enchiladas!

I finally walked into my apartment on Sunday afternoon with 25¥ in my wallet.

No comments: