Saturday, March 24, 2007

EARTHQUAKE!!!

I woke up to the sounds of my shaky trembling house this morning---- earthquake!!!

It didn't last too long and it wasn't too strong, so I just stayed in bed for another few minutes and then got up to get ready for the day. My aunt and uncle are visiting from Australia and they were sleeping in the other room. We all agreed that it was an earthquake and not just the settling of my rattling house and started off our morning with espressos and tea and toast and talking about what kind of natural disasters Australians face versus Americans versus the Japanese.

It wasn't until I received a frantic text message from Paul that I realized the magnitude of the quake! The first few news articles I have read have said that it was between a 6.7 to 7.3 earthquake in Ishikawa prefecture, not too far away from me. We are safe but it looks like there is at least one death and quite a few injuries in the immediate area of the quake.

To family and friends, we are safe and doing well, just a little uh, shaken up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew!