Friday, February 02, 2007

My final weekend w/ paul...



So, during the craziness of the nabe/Azitos night, one of the volleyball team members (who barely speaks English) drunkenly asked a very drunk Paul if he wanted to go snowboarding with him, and was drunkenly taken up on the offer... So, the next morning after Kumi's birthday party, Paul woke up at about 6.30am and went off snowboarding with Haji and one of the other volleyball team members, also a Kaiyo High School student. I had no idea how they fared but I suppose sports and having fun brings people together without words...
I relaxed and cleaned up at home, and was rewarded by an onsen voucher from my landlady- her daughter had gotten married at the Kitanoya Hotel (probably the nicest hotel in the area) and the manager had given her some vouchers to use the hotel's onsen. My landlady kept insisting that Paul and I go together, but since I like them more than he does, and he was snowboarding, I went on my own. They had even given her taxi vouchers, so she called for a taxi to pick me up in front of my house and sent me on my way!

When I got to the hotel, I told them my name, and I was whisked down a long corridor to... the hotel's PRIVATE ONSEN, overlooking Miyazu Bay. I was floored- no wonder she kept insisting that we go together! There's always a communication breakdown somewhere- but she assured me that she had another voucher for him if he wanted to go that night. UMMM, hell yes!!! I had the place to myself for about an hour, showering and then dipping myself into the huge granite tub, then leisurely showering and pampering myself with all the nice lotions in the bathroom. When I went back to the lobby, a taxi was waiting for me with specific directions to my house. Wow, what service.... When Paul got back that night, we went back for another soak, but this time, he needed it much more than me after a full day on the slopes!!

No comments: