Saturday, April 03, 2010

Birthday!!

Another year, another birthday.... but what a wonderful birthday it was!

Paul got me a beautiful new Linus bike, and I feel like I'm riding around in a French film, with baguettes and flowers in my basket! The bike helmet doesn't complete the look, but I have to get over that... safety first!
Linus bikes are inspired by French bicycle designs of the 50's and 60's, but completely modernized and streamlined. I love sitting upright in its elegant frame, I love the leather handlebars, and ringing the little bell- and I have gotten so many compliments on it by passing bikers!

It definitely is the best birthday present ever- I feel like I'm like 12 years old!!
...and my sister pitched in for the adorable basket in front!

Although I got over my fear of re-learning how to ride a bike when I was in Japan, I was a bit apprehensive about riding stateside. Fortunately Paul was super patient with me and we rode on (mostly) bike lanes to Prospect Park and the Brooklyn Botanical Garden for my inaugural ride!
We organized a picnic in Prospect Park, on a day that was forecast to be about 70 degrees. Unfortunately it never got above about 50 degrees so all of us shivered uncomfortably for as long as we could stand. Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated!

No comments: